Expanding Childcare Capacity through Innovative Daycare Initiatives
Pierce County, Nebraska has a growing population and much of this growth is with young families. As parents go to work, more childcare solutions have been needed. Pierce County Economic Development has partnered with community leaders and stakeholders, such as churches, school districts, Communities For Kids and First Five Nebraska to come up with solutions. This includes:
- The community is actively fundraising for a new early childhood learning center for 70 children, ages 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
- Businesses are offering stipends to help cover the cost of childcare.
- Osmond Investors and PCED are working with a new provider to open a daycare center with capacity for 29 children in an existing building. The center is scheduled to open December 22, 2023.
- Osmond churches are considering expanding their pre-school programs.
- Midwest bank formed a nonprofit and is working with PCED to turn a former space into a childcare center for afterschool and summer care.
These projects demonstrate the creativity of people in Pierce County and how we are working together to solve challenges for the betterment of our communities. If you are moving to Pierce County with a family, know we are actively creating daycare spots. If you are an entrepreneur interested in providing childcare services, contact us to learn about available grants and incentives.
Find licensed daycare providers in your area here.
Moving to Pierce County, Nebraska? Search an updated list of childcare providers here.
Sep 06, 2023